i love her hair.
the first time this dad sees his 3 weeks old daughter.
hes looking at her like shes gold. so cute.
does anyone wanna buy him for me?
I don’t believe in love at first sight. Here’s why. I want my guy to know every single little fault I have. I want him to know how difficult I am when I’m tired, (which is most of the time). I want him to see my emotional breakdowns when I’m feeling too stressed. I want him to hear my terrible voice when I sing and witness the awfulness of my selective memory. I want him to see how miserable my perfectionism can sometimes make me. I want him to know how movie illiterate I am, not because I want to be, but because I’m too busy.
I want him to see me mad, even if he can’t help but think it makes me look sexier. I want him to taste my good cooking, as well as my not-so-good cooking. I want him to see the inside of my car, which is more often than not, trashed. And listen to how often I complain when I’m stubborn enough to keep doing things that hurt my back. I want him to laugh with me when I speak in terrible accents in foreign countries. And see me annoyingly sentimental during the holidays. I want him to know the part of me that holds grudges and cries for no reason. And instead of loving me despite my flaws, in some crazy way, I want him to love me because of my flaws.
In the same way, I want to love him, even when he is more stubborn than I am. I want to see him lose him temper and get mad, even when I don’t think he should. I want to hear his bad accent in foreign countries, and I want to be annoyed that he isn’t a grammar critic like me. I want to witness his unreasonable obsession with video games and his tendency to get distracted when I’m talking to him. I want to see him, having a hard time forgiving or forgetting. And I want to listen to his equally terrible singing voice. I want to think he’s selfish sometimes, and I want to get frustrated that he doesn’t think the way I think he should. I want to know all of his flaws, and in some crazy way, love him because of them.
That’s when you know its real.
30 EXTRAORDINARY THINGS HAPPENING RIGHT NOW:
1. A baby is taking its first few steps without falling.
2. Two people somewhere in the world, are falling in love.
3. Somewhere, someone is admiring a breathtaking sunrise, and somewhere else, a surreal sunset.
4. A soldier of sorts is diligently fighting the fight so you don’t have to
5. Someone who suffered from a severe injury last year is back on their feet.
6. A small group of people are building something that will soon make the impossible possible.
7. Somewhere on Earth a double rainbow is stretched from one end of the horizon to the other.
8. One of the next Billboard-chart-topping musical artists is patiently rehearsing in her garage.
9. A piece of literature is being written that will eventually change your perspective on life.
10. A friend is helping a friend rise above thoughts of suicide.
11. People of various religious backgrounds are in temples, churches, mosques and other places of worship praying, wholeheartedly, for world peace.
12. An elderly couple is celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary.
13. Two best friends are laughing so hard that they aren’t even making any noise.
14. A firefighter is running into a burning building to rescue a perfect stranger.
15. Someone in your hometown genuinely wants to be your friend.
16. A new mom is lying in a hospital bed and holding her baby twins for the very first time.
17. Someone is taking a shower and singing happily at the top of their lungs.
18. There is someone out there who smiles when they think of a specific moment they once shared with you.
19. An alcoholic just celebrated one full year of sobriety.
20. Volunteers in major cities all over the world are working at homeless shelters caring for those who are less fortunate than themselves.
21. A high school athlete just broke their own personal record.
22. Two teenagers just received their very first kiss ever from each other.
23. Someone is hugging a friend who desperately needs it.
24. Someone just placed their spare change in the charity collection cup at the grocery store.
25. A small group of friends are sitting around a table sharing funny stories and cheerfully reminiscing about the good old days.
26. Honest people are working for various government entities to help protect your basic human rights and civil liberties.
27. An emergency room surgeon is in the middle of saving his patient’s life.
28. Someone is holding the door open for the person behind them.
29. Someone out there is missing you and looking forward to your next visit.
30. We are reminded that extraordinary things happen to ordinary people, and that there is beauty and wonder in everyday life.